Select Your Package(s) & Improve Your Scores
The Big Five
This questionnaire measures the ‘Big Five’ model of personality. The Big Five is a personality model that has been around since the 1960s. The five key scales that are measured are:
- Extraversion (being sociable, excitable, assertive, expressive, warm, energetic, seeks excitement)
- Agreeableness (being altruistic, kind, cooperative, trusting, showing prosocial behaviours)
- Conscientiousness (being goal-directed, organised, detail conscious, planned in their approach, reliable, self-disciplined and achievement-focussed)
- Emotional Stability (also referred to as Neuroticism when reversed) (being emotionally stable, resilient, restrained, controlled and relaxed)
- Openness to Experience (being open to ideas, curious, imaginative, creative, adventurous, embracing change and even unconventional).
In a ‘full’ questionnaire these scales are likely to be broken down further into sub-traits which offer employers more detailed insight.
A variety of statistical techniques have been used to re-examine this model time and time again and psychologist agree that there are five, fairly stable traits that combine in different ways for different people. It is widely used in business and has been shown to be correlated with job success. It is now widely believed that this model can be applied universally and has practical implications across a wide number of applications.
Complete the Big Five questionnaire to find out which areas you score highest and lowest on.
The table below presents your scores ranked in order from the highest to the lowest, based on the way you responded. Remember, the questionnaire offers just a snapshot of this area and is not equivalent to a full questionnaire that might be used by employers. It merely provides an indication of where your scores might lie in this area. Go back to the definition of each scale to get a better understanding of what this means for you.
|Scale Name||Ranked||Score classification|
The test will begin on the next screen.
We need your email address sowe can send you your test results!